Saturday, July 1, 2017

C15 Sharing the learning and goals via engagements with parents

Ka Hikitia (Accelerating success 2013- 2017) promotes a team effort in a child's education so everyone can take action and work together. Throughout the year the students and whanau come together for scheduled Three Way Conferences and Student Led Conferences. I facilitate these by helping the students share their learning and by guiding the whanau to engage with their children meaningfully.

Below is an example of a letter I have written to  parents inviting them to a Three Way Conference.




Here is an example of a plan a student has designed for a Three Way Conference.



Because I want our  community to be informed I offer access to Ministry of Education information about the learning pathways for students.  This information also gives handy hints for whanau to help students at home with their learning.




I have the question cards below available for parents during Three Way Conferences. 




Below is an example of the note I keep after meeting with parents and students at a Three Way Conference.  This helps me align the learning with the needs and wants of all the key stakeholders. 


Below is an example of a student's end of year report. Note the achievements as well as the next learning steps. These were co-constructed with this student and he had already shared these with his parents at a Three Way Conference. The parents are getting a consistent message and the students owns the learning. 

Next Learning Steps align with the New Zealand Curriculum learning progressions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll moderate it before it's published.