Saturday, July 1, 2017

C16 Engaging with our wider community through my role as E-Learning Lead Teacher

I share responsibility for ICT at my school. This means I get the opportunity to engage with our wider community to inform them of the ways we use ICT and to help them develop their own knowledge and skills. The Enabling E-Learning portal discusses the improved learning outcomes for students when there is better engagement between parents, families and schools.

An example of this is when I ran an after school workshop for parents to show them some of our Google Apps for Education tools and also to make them aware of some strategies and options they have for keeping themselves and their whanau safe online.

Below is the presentation from this workshop.




A positive outcome from this meeting was that the parents that attended were armed with positive ways they could engage with their child's online learning and also with strategies for keeping them safe online. The discussions we had during the meeting were open and honest with many of the parents being able to share stories of their own experiences to help each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll moderate it before it's published.