Monday, June 19, 2017

B15 Teaching using modern teaching tools

I have researched into Dr. Ruben Puentedura's (Ministry of Education, TKI) Samr model of technology integration. I am aware of the need to redefine the way I teach and the students learn based on the technology that we have available. My students can learn in a way that would not be possible without the technology and allows them to collaborate and create using digital tools. 

In this evidence my students have learned through the following ways. 



  1. Read a text about a topical concept chosen by the students.
  2. Learned about different text types and their features.
  3. Decided how to present their learning - via Google presentations .
  4. Accessed a Google presentation and added their information and ideas.
  5. Used Google Explore to research the topic.
  6. Referenced their sources of information and linked to different text features. 
  7. Refined their learning based on feedback - Digitally. 
  8. Linked their project onto a central location and refined it to suit the audience (younger students).
  9. Shared the completed resource with other learners via their teachers. 
  10. Sought feedback on their presentations by adding an online forum. 

Feedback to students via the Google presentation comments feature



Click here to view the Google site where the students added their own presentations and then thought about the questions they could ask younger students.


Below is an email I sent to teachers of younger students to ask them to share the presentations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll moderate it before it's published.