Monday, July 10, 2017

D10 Shaping our guidelines and action plans through reflective practises.

I lead our school in the area of E-Learning by using tools developed specifically for New Zealand schools to monitor and guide their E-Learning frameworks.

I actively engaged in a self-monitoring tool to gauge our performance in relation to our Digital Citizenship capabilities. This was a pilot programme that I was invited to take part in and was completely optional. I thought that it was a great opportunity for some reflection on what we are doing in our school. It is also a requirement of the National Administrative Guidelines (NAG 2) in that all schools are required to undertake ongoing programmes of self- review.

Click here to read more about the Digital Citizenship Tool. 


Below is a screenshot of the type of reflection that I undertook based on the criteria set out in the tool.



Key outcomes for learners:
I have identified key areas where I think we could do more to educate and guide students, this will be built into our action plan for 2018.
I presented our findings to our staff and this has made them more aware of the need to constantly be talking about positive digital citizenship with our students.
I am armed with more ideas for teaching opportunities when opportunities arise in my own class.

Outcomes for me as leader. 
I am aware of our strengths and weaknesses.
It helps me plan for future staff professional learning.
By taking part in a Netsafe pilot programme I have continued to make positive connections with other educators outside our school.
I was able to demonstrate to teachers that I am proactive and constantly looking to learn and improve my practise, I am also willing to collaborate to generate best practise.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll moderate it before it's published.