Sunday, July 16, 2017

A17 Data trends

I am able to evaluate my teaching programme and track student progress through analysis of student assessment data over longer periods of time.

Below is an example of how I track student progress through analysing the e-asTTle reports of a student I have had in my class for two years.

Note the rise from below the NZ average to near the top of the NZ average range. 

My pedagogy was informed by this students e-asTTle report early in 2016. We particularly focused on improving his ability to generate ideas as he communicated to me that he just couldn't think of any ideas. Together the student, his parents and I developed a plan for writing which included blogging, holiday writing  and writing about his sports games where he already had a lot of content knowledge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll moderate it before it's published.